Alexandra Zvi

Alexandra Zvi
Designed by God to design

Wednesday 10 August 2011

My first Blog

 I've just set up a google page thinking this was a blog page. So here I am writing my first blog and wandering how this is going to help me reach my goal. What is my Goal? To see the door open, walking through it to become the creative costume designer who makes her living from it!

A chat with Ray at work today about blogging was all about the question; is blogging an egocentric thing or is it a sharing giving sort of thing. Have I got anything interesting to share and will it enrich the people who read it.

If you read this, tell me what do you think? Is blogging good or bad?

So what can I say about me. I'm designed by God to design. It's as simple as that, my faith defines who I am.  I've been attempting to separate this from my online presence on Twitter; my Christian persona being, AlexFulloffaith and my designer account being Zvi Design.

But here, I have decided to merge the two, become my self and see what happens. Can a person be openly Christian and still be successful in the world of the Arts?

Time will tell. For now, I must go to bed. Until the doors open I need to teach to pay the bills and so need my sleep. I don't want to let my Girlies down. I'm also a Textiles teacher, so to be myself here, I must acknowledge that School is part of it and hey I have wonderful anecdotes to tell. Such as the time Betty (yes I really do teach a Betty Fox!) asked me, "do I really need to put  the string through the hole?" "Yes Betty" I replied, "you need to thread the needle or the machine won't work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment