Alexandra Zvi

Alexandra Zvi
Designed by God to design

Sunday 4 December 2011

Lets get back on the horse called Blogging

After a break, not knowing what to blog, I'm reminded of the Holstee Manifesto:


So - I'm inspired to chat about what I've been  doing.
Just been watching the new Upstairs Downstairs - Wow Sunday evening is all about costume drama on Aussie TV, I love it! I remember the show the first time. In the 70's, being a little girl and loving watching the beautiful Nicola Pagett



Now we have in 2010/1 the lovely Keeley Hawes. 
The costme designer Amy Roberts has designed the PBS production. Amy has won a BAFTA Craft award 2008 Best Costume Design for Oliver Twist. I wander if she needs an assistant LOL!

Tonight I found myself; that is I found my name on the IMBD under Killing time 1998, this was made a few years earlier, it was my first costume job after my PG Diploma in Theatre Design. Hello Hollywood, I'm here!
But I believe 2012 is going to be the year I go back to my first love - FASHION. But this time round I have the experience and influence of costume designing and making.
My germ of an idea is germinating, my first fitting went well, I hopfully have the very talented Pauline Chambers to make the corsets and the most amzing Theresa to spritually guide me in the ways of the Lord and in the Fashion maunfacturing industry. How? I here you say, I know how blessed am I. That Theresa is part of my Church family, lives very near and just happened to be a fashion manufacturer for 20 years!

The Germ of an idea is my love of period underpinnings, chiffon frills and flounces, layering and clashing pattern. Not quite sure what to call the range, hence I'm still calling it 'a germ of an idea'. I'm adding to my FB page - Zvi Design, as it grows.

So to get back to Upstairs Downstairs, I love my costume and given the opportunity I'd take it, But for this season in my life, I'm stepping up to the mark and saying, I am Alexandra Zvi, Designed by God to Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment