Alexandra Zvi

Alexandra Zvi
Designed by God to design

Thursday 14 March 2013

Precious Opaque

Since I last blogged I've been to NY and back, Lived life as an intern, seen how one fashion designer does it and met some wonderful folk and made some precious memories. On returning to Oz over a month ago, I've moved house, nearly killed myself twice, all car related and started to look for that all important job in Fashion.
I'm exhausted even just writing the last 3 months into one short paragraph. This blog is meant to be away of marketing my creativity, it's a way of promoting myself when I can't afford the marketing guru.
So far, I've broken a few of the rules that I looked up on 'how to write a successful blog'.
You are meant to keep it updated - last blog was December - Its now March
Your meant to share expertise and interesting facts - when was the last time I did that?

Look back at:
http://alexzvi.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/heres-technique-if-youre-interested.html

So for this blog; I'll share my musings about Fashion:

I've been told that fashion is a bit like osmosis (the process of gradual or unconscious assimilation of ideas, knowledge, etc.: what she knows of the blue-blood set she learned not through birthright, not even through wealth, but through osmosis). Where do we get the inspiration, why are a lot of collections similar in theme? Yes the predictions aid this, but I remember being a 1992 fashion graduate,on browsing through a Vogue I stopped in amazement at a Marc Jacobs ruffled blouse in sage green. 5 months previously I'd designed and made a sage green ruffled blouse as part of my Final collection. Based on my own theme, inspired by Regency dandies and furnishing fabrics. I had deliberately not looked at the up-coming season. So as pretentious as it sound Fashion often happens by Osmosis.

So with this in mind, over the last couple of weeks clean and edgy ruffles have been grabbing my attention, either on the red carpet, or on the net. Last night I was over tired, couldn't think straight. It was only 8am, too early for bed. What did I do?

I googled 'colour & trend predictions for fall 2013/14'. Before I knew it it was 10.30pm. I'd proceeded to produce a mood board ready to start a new Collection, the adrenaline rush was magnificent, perhaps for those who love to run, it was like  having completed a marathon - perhaps not? 

So here it is:


The excitement and creative juices are bubbling, I'm looking forward in to putting every thing I saw and learnt at Anna Sui into action.


No comments:

Post a Comment