Alexandra Zvi

Alexandra Zvi
Designed by God to design

Thursday 25 October 2012

Thankyou Everyone part 2


My second shoot was like entering my favourite room, familiar and comfortable, John Englezos’ work always brings out something else that showcases who I am, whether it’s a publicity shot of me, or my designs, his lighting and ability to put the model at ease shows through the shots.
The Jewel collection modelled by 'moi'

We shot in the middle of Melbourne at the wonderfully chic apartment of my friend Lynn Gazal, Thanks Lynn you are such a hostess. 

John brought out the beauty and elegance of the chiffon batwings tops and that of the model, Brea. 
https://www.facebook.com/breanna.wmodel?fref=ts
Jodies elegant hair &makeup














It was also lovely to work again with Jodie Porter, an accomplished makeup artist (& hair, thank goodness) from MAC. Particularly, as I was at the US Consulate waiting in line for my visa (watch this space for an up and coming blog) I was confident that Jodie could interprete elegance and glamour for the shoot. And she did:

Then, we legged it to the grounds of St Patrick’s cathedral to take advantage of a wonderful blossom tree.
 I love spring:)
 This outfit was produced as an extension of the Jewel collection, to showcase my tailoring. Incidentally, did I say I’m related to Whitechapel tailors? I always smile when I think of that one. No wander I’m happiest with a tape measure around my neck and needle in hand.

Did you also know, that Zvi is Hebrew for gazel?
Much to my delight, I’ve had amazing feed back on theses garments. So much so I’ve just ordered the 20 Yards of the black and white chiffon in faith of some orders for the Tops. Take a look at this:

 

This top is made of beautiful 100% silk chiffon. The print is an abstract crowd scene design which has been effectively used to create a voluminous batwing sleeved top. It is fastened at the hip with black coloured silk satin ties while the 3/4 length sleeves have been carefully bound with the same fabric.

Made to order.It is available in S/M (Au 8 – 12) and M/L (Au14 – 18). Please allow a 4-6 week order period for as the garment to be made just for you.



So here’s to my second round of heartfelt Thank yous:

John  - Thanks for your time and expertise behind the lens.

Jodie - Thanks for being available and complimenting my work with your makeup artistry

Breanna – Thanks for your beauty and grace in posing in my work.

Next time - Thank you part 3 - The last shoot of  my 5day 3 shoot Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment