Alexandra Zvi

Alexandra Zvi
Designed by God to design

Tuesday 27 November 2012

30 Days to go


So I have 30 days before a go to NY, so its one month. I’ll be in NY officially for a month working at Anna Sui. Right now I want this month to fly by, but my intern month to last forever.  Is a month long enough to establish a new life? I know your life can change in a moment from a trauma, or meeting your soul mate etc.
In my month of preparation what should I do?

Pray  -  Yes yes , I’m doing that!
Pack - Yes yes, I am preparing the
all in important wardrobe,
I’ve made a fantastic winter coat (more later)
Do Administration - Yes Yes I’m making
sure all paperwork and bills are paid
Anything else?

I’ll google ‘30 days’ and see what I get?

30 Days is a reality television show on the FX cable network in the United States, created and hosted by Morgan Spurlock. In each episode, Spurlock, or some other person or group of people, spend 30 days immersing themselves in a particular lifestyle with which they are unfamiliar (e.g. working for minimum wage, being in prison, a Christian living as a Muslim etc.), while discussing related social issues. As in Spurlock's film, Super Size Me, there are a number of rules unique to each situation, which must be followed during each such experiment. At least one episode each season has featured Spurlock as the person spending the month in the particular lifestyle.


 Or......



http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/type/30-days/

Just who is Cutts? He joined Google as a software engineer in January 2000 and currently the head of Google’s Webspam team. He has his own blog encouraging the likes of you and me
He asks : ‘Do you want to be in good health? Do you want to be more successful? Do you want more love? Now you can! Start today with 1 challenge for the next 30 days. Take a small step everyday to create a new habit.’
http://30daysofcreativity.com/
On a creative note:
30 Days of Creativity is a global social initiative encouraging people to create stuff (anything) every day for 30 days in June. 2012 is our 3rd year. We hope to make it a big one.
Which lead me to this
Your brain is like a muscle. When you exercise it, it gets stronger.

Finally I came across this website:


Jad Limcaco runs a freelance web and graphic design business called Jad Graphics in Long Beach, CA. He also owns Heart Directed. His website Is http://jadlimcaco.com/

Jad calls us to - Design Something Every Day!

Jad wrote:
As designers, we’re all trying to get better at what we do. We surf the Web daily for hours trying to find useful tips and tricks to enhance our design skills. But what if we spent less time surfing the Web looking for inspiration and more time creating and designing things?'

The Challenge
Someone once said, “Practice makes perfect“. While that statement might not be completely true, I do believe that practice makes you better. That is why in this blog post, I would like to propose something to every designer: Why not try to design something every day for one year? – or atleast for 30 days!
Actors rehearse their lines until they learn them perfectly. Musicians practice their songs until every note is just right. Athletes practice their particular sport so they can excel. As designers, why can’t we do the same? Ask any successful designer in the community about how they have succeeded and they will attribute much of their success to practice. I challenge you today to design something daily. Take fifteen to twenty minutes that you would normally use to surf the Web today and devote it to designing something.
Most of you are probably thinking that I am out of my mind for proposing this. How can you, as a designer working either for a company or for yourself, find the time to design something daily?
I like this challenge, so from tonight I shall design something new  each day before I arrive at Anna Sui’s
Here's No 1
Looking forward to practising the illustration side of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment