Alexandra Zvi

Alexandra Zvi
Designed by God to design

Thursday 6 December 2012

‘Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up’




22 sleeps to go until I arrive in NY. I’m going to endeavor to be more prolific on this blog of mine:

Today I got an email from Anna Sui – well not Anna personally, but the intern coordinator: This is what I’ll be doing:
  •       Making hand drawn copies of soft and hard paper patterns
  •      Writing cutter’s musts
  •       Writing specs
  •       Maintaining binders
  •       Assisting with fittings
  •       Running errands
  •       Photocopying 
I feel confident I’ll be able to keep up, so why is my stomach churching. Lots of reasons really; remember I’ve spent the past 20 years declaring dreams don’t come true and now I find myself about to live out a dream of being part of NY Fashion.

I got some advice the other day: 
Alex don’t speak, let your work speak for you


So I shall trace off patterns with precision












my note taking will be able to be read – years of writing on the white board will hopefully help that one.

May be not like this!







And ... 

I will smile as I photocopy.









Oh and for the past week I’ve been sewing with a passion using my own created patterns to produce an Alexandra Zvi outfit for little old me, not a 5’10” model but the 4’10” Designer.

I’ve been on a mission I’ve loved every minute, for the past 2 years I’ve created model sized clothes for the sake of showcasing my work. Now it’s my turn to wear Alexandra Zvi.

Here’s a sneak peak of the outfit -

Having a month in New York is allowing
me to be the women I am in my head.
Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up’




No comments:

Post a Comment